Carnatic music, known as Karnāṭaka saṃgīta or Karnāṭaka saṅgītam in the South Indian languages, is a system of Indian classical music commonly associated with South India, including the modern Indian states of Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Kerala, and Tamil Nadu. It is one of two main subgenres of Indian classical music that evolved from ancient Sanatana dharma sciences and traditions, particularly the Samaveda.
This is an Entry level foundation course for students who are entirely new to the field of Carnatic Music. The fundamentals of Shastreeya Sangeeta will be taught in this course. No previous knowledge of Carnatic Music is required for this course. Each class will be of 40 minutes duration and there will be one class per week.
- One class per week, scheduled at your convenience.
- Detailed Notes will be provided.
- Class recordings will be provided and students are expected to practice using it.
- Reference videos will be provided wherever necessary.
- Fees should be prepaid for every 4 classes.